Do you want to self publish a business book? We are providing here this completely free template for book with professional formatting! If you don’t want a book designer yet looking to prepare a book for publishing then download this 6 x 9 book format in Word, it will let you design clean interior pages for a book.
If your ultimate goal is to produce an amazing looking book then try this print ready Microsoft Word book manuscript design. You can use this book format template in Word for turning your writings into proper book layout and publishing them through kdp direct publishing or any other self publishing company you like.
Template for non fiction books
We have designed this nonfiction book layout keeping in view the style of nonfiction genres. So you are good to go using this book template for preparing a non-fiction work in 6 x 9 size. However, if you think you can change the template for any other format then feel free to modify it!
Find our more free templates for Amazon self publishing
Editable template for writing a business book
You can also prepare a business book in Word format by using this nonfiction book template. It has perfect formatting for writing real estate blueprints or similar nonfiction business books. Our book layout design is entirely modifiable even for novice users of Microsoft Word.
Reach out to us if you need any help for this nonfiction book layout in 6×9, we will be here to help you! Also, checkout our best free Word templates here.
- Editable business book design
- File format: Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF
- Paper: 6″ x 9″ (no bleed included)
- Fonts used: PT Serif, Lora, Playfair Display (embedded in docx)
- Perfect template for creating blueprints
- Fully adjustable and customizable
- Its FREE 🙂
8 thoughts on “Non fiction template for book in 6 x 9”
Good day Sir, I really like your book template (6 x 9 nonfiction book template). I would like to know whether there is a possibility one can change the book size to 7.5 x 9 without distorting the formatting on the template. Regards
Yes, you can change the paper size but unfortunately Ms Word does not support auto adjustment of layout, so you’ll have to manually fix the formatting at some places. If you know Microsoft Word well, you’re good to go then, thank you.
Dear Mr. Kawish,,
I find this template very useful, but I have had some problems when I inserted my word documents. Firstly, I found it impossible to maintain the correct chapters in the header on the odd page with the book title on the even page. Every time I changed the chapter header, all the previous headers changed to the last entry. When I use section breaks to control that, the pagination was affected. Secondly, many of the superscripts reverted to normal scripts.
Thanks and regards,
Hi, sorry about the problems you’re facing. Pease try to follow these tips for using this template:
1. When copying text from other Word docs into this template, please make sure you use the “Use Destination Styles” option.
2. Insert all your chapters in separate sections (NOT page breaks). I assume you know how to insert “Next Section Break” in Word doc.
3. On every section, please turn off the “Link to Previous” option. Also, make sure that the “Different First Page” & “Different Odd/Even Pages” are checked on (on every section). You can find these options when you’re in header editing mode!
4. After following the above steps, insert your book/chapter title on even/odd pages accordingly.
5. This template uses some advanced formatting, so you will have to have some know-how about using sections perfectly in Ms Word.
6. Superscripts usually turn into normal text when you paste text using the “Keep Text Only” option, so make sure you’re NOT using it.
Have a question. What are the stipulations of downloading this software? If I download for free is Amazon Kdp has access? What is the security or catch to this?
We’re providing all these templates free for your personal use! We don’t impose any condition on using our free resources as long as you use them for your personal needs. However, we just only request to accredit us on your final work when commercially publishing your book in printed or electronic formats. For details, please read our “Important Notes” file which is included with every download package.
Moreover, this is just a simple template in Ms Word which you can use to format your book. If you’re a beginner in formatting books then our templates would help you in doing so and if you already know how to format books then these templates would definitely save you much time. For Amazon KDP, please read their help! Hope it helps, thank you.
Thank you for providing the free template. I have begun my first chapter, however, I want to know if there an insert to advance to the next chapter so it shows up in the header as Chapter Two, then Three and so forth?
If you’re talking about inserting individual chapter name on header then all chapters in the template should be formatted in separate sections. When you put your chapters in different sections in Ms Word then it allows you to modify header/footer for each chapter individually, you can then write your chapter name on each section differently. We usually format our templates in Ms Word using sections to keep the formatting clean & easy to modify. However, if you still have any confusion about using sections in Word then please Google it, you will find many helpful articles. Thank you.